Forums Forums ReNetA Projects Low-voltage track lighting suitable for a timber-frame build with Reneta Reply To: Low-voltage track lighting suitable for a timber-frame build with Reneta

• acgoodin

May 16, 2024 at 6:45 pm

I’ve now researched several 48v brands. They all seem to be European, sold only through commercial lighting supply houses rather than U.S. consumer outlets. They also don’t offer a lot of fixture options., and what they do offer is all pretty modern looking… especially pendant lights, which is what I’m interested in.

In the US, I have far more fixtures options. And pendant adapters which would let me use just about any fixture I want. Meanwhile Juno’s LV option is 24v, which you seem to be against due to voltage drop, and Halo and Lightolier don’t seem to offer ANY low-voltage option.

So, my question is, why not just use Halo track? Elsewhere on your site, you make clear that any 120v fixture can be fed LV power from a Reneta PDM and SIB, as long as you choose an appropriate bulb. So why not do the same with Halo track? Voltage drop on the track?